Here is a vague list of lessons from this sermon… if you want more details, you’re gonna have to listen for yourself!
5 general lessons from the life of Elisha
- He spent almost as much time learning as he did ministering.
- Most of his work was repetitive, undramatic, and unnoticed.
- He gave a special place to the training of others.
- Elisha seems to have realized that however long we get, we don’t go on forever.
- When he could no longer do what he did, he did what he could.
5 particular lessons about the death of Elisha
- God does not give all His servants the same treatment.
- Even the unconverted knew that they were going to miss this man.
- At the moment of his death, it was clearer to him more than ever who it is to please.
- He used his dying moments to teach a lesson which is too important to miss.
- God set a unique seal of approval upon the prophet’s life and his ministry.